Mr Harry Peters, Managing Director, Marine Product Marketing
With more than 30 years experience in the seafood industry, Harry Peters is an industry veteran.
Harry began his Seafood career with South African multinational Irvin and Johnson. He moved quickly up the ladder, becoming a Director of the company within 8 years. He left in 1978 to help establish a new business, All States Frozen Foods and to focus on what was to become a life long passion, the development of new and innovative products to delight the public's taste buds.
In 1984, Harry took the bold step of start his own company and Marine Product Marketing was established. Harry has continued his goal of bringing new products to market, with the introduction of several 'firsts' including:
- The introduction of hand made breaded prawn cutlets.
- The introduction of farmed black tiger prawns from Thailand.
- The first to import fresh frozen salmon from Norway.
Harry is also a member of several important industry bodies, amongst them:
- Member of Australian Seafood Industry Council
- Current Chairman of the Seafood Importers Association of Australia.
- Member of the FRDC Fish Naming committee selection panel.
- Member of the AQIS Imported Food Consultative committee
- Member of the AQIS Imported Food Active Surveillance working group committee
Harry is working towards ensuring that the domestic seafood industries and importers co-exist and co-operate to increase demand for seafood products and continue to build consumer confidence in the industry.
Harry was awarded member of the Order of Australia in the Honours List Queens Birthday 2005.